Sunday, May 01, 2005

exhausted (read at your own risk)

Yay!!!! I'm done!!! Only one exam stands between me and summer!! My review went well. Overall, it was a really positive review; the way they should be. The whole project was really interesting. NOt something that I'd ever do professionally, but interesting to see where other people are spiritually.

But now I'm SO stinking tired. I went to church early for a leadership meeting and then kind of got slammed with what Pastor Mike talked about at church. So now I'm tired and confused. While I appreciate his effort at addressing why suffering happens, he didn't so much answer my question. Why suffering happens is quite possibly the most difficult thing to explain to people who are trying to understand God. It's the worst possible time for me to start thinking about suffering. I"m dreading next weekend, just like I've dreaded every holiday for the past seven years. I know that God is good and that he does things for a purpose... but I just don't get it. I've been able to find the joy in (almost) everything else that's happened in my life since, but I cannot understand about my brother. I don't get it.

No comments: